- Hope. What is hope? Do you get upset when the things you hope for do not come to pass? I won’t lie I do all of the time, but that may be because I am used to getting whatever I want when I want it lol. The daily scripture on the Bible app a few days ago really hit me and stuck with me. It is Psalm 42:11 ” My spirit, why are you so sad? Why are you upset deep down inside me? Put your hope in God . Once again I will have reason to praise him. He is my Savior and my God.” To me that said God gives hope. It says when I am feeling down all I have to do is ask Him to fill m spirit with hope. It says when I don’t get something I hope for He will fill me with more hope instead of frustration. How do you interpret the scripture? Let me know in the comments or in an email and don’t forget to keep the hope alive!
Don’t panic! Every little thing will be alright. DO NOT WORRY. Seriously it only gives you wrinkles and makes you mean to others lol. God’s got you.
Matthew 6:25-34 – Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (NIV).
Let me tell you guys, I was so discouraged when I got on to write a post and my views had only gone up by three. I said well maybe this is useless because no one is reading and I am wasting my time.That discouragement was straight from the adversary himself , but remember when God wants something to happen it will happen. His plan will always prevail, he has so much more power than the devil does. When you are doing what God wants you to do don’t get discouraged, and if you do when you can get right back on your feet and continue. Stay encouraged in all that you do! 1 Peter 5:8 – Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (NIV).
HOMEWORK 🙂 : Read Job 1&2
- Proverbs 3:3-6 – Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT (NIV).
- Repentance is how our sins and shortcomings are forgiven. Repenting means apologizing to God for something and turning away from it. Even if you know what you are repenting of is not something you can easily overcome do not worry, letting God know that you want it gone is the beginning of your deliverance process. We should repent daily.
- Acts 3:19 – Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing may come from the presence of The Lord (KJV).
Proverbs 28:13 – He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh shall have mercy (KJV).
Matthew 4:17 – From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Last Friday my mom brought me 6 bracelets that said “Jesus loves me” from work. I gave two out at a church service Saturday morning and some to my coworkers Saturday night during an outing. Now I only have one left for myself and I was thinking I wish I would have kept them so I would have more, BUT that would not be right. I was thinking about how I only had one left instead of thinking about the impact those bracelets may have on the wrists of others. Someone may be granted a peace in a tricky situation by looking down and seeing that our Father loves them. Others may ask, “How do you know Jesus loves you?” if they see someone with one of the bracelets on. Do you know what that can start? The point is we must share the good news of Jesus. We cannot keep that awesome message we heard in church or bible study to ourselves. We cannot contain our testimonies. We cannot keep how Jesus loves us to ourselves. We have to share these things because in this way we can spread Jesus like a wildfire. We do not know the affects of sharing even though we may want to be selfish and keep these things to ourselves.
Mark 13:10 – For the Good News must first be preached to all nations (NLT).
Matthew 5: 14&15 -You are the light of the world – like a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts them under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to ever one in its house (NLT).
John 12:32 – And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me (KJV).
God has a purpose for each and every one of us. Having a purpose is not just a major thing we will do in life, but it could be letting God use you today. You may be placed in someone’s path today who you are helping tremendously without even knowing. In relation to major purposes, pray to God that He reveals yours to you. Ask Him to order your steps through His Holy Spirit. I know a purpose for me is one day opening a community center. A purpose can be a dream you’ve always wanted to accomplished because God placed it on your heart. If you are not where you think you should be DON’T WORRY, you being set up for your purpose.
Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares The LORD “plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (NIV). (This scripture is used a lot because it applies to so much!)
Romans 9:17 – For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I may display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth (NIV).”
Some have had some traumatic things happen in life. Some have been hurt and broken so many times. So many have been feeling lost and in bondage. Whatever pain you are holding on to give it over to God. He will supply you with a heavenly peace. Also, forgive those who have hurt you, it will make you feel so much better ! (Read Romans 12 for more on this.)
John 8:36 – If the son gives you freedom, you are free! (Contemporary English Version).
Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (English Standard Version).
- Romans 12:2 – Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (NIV). It is so important that we renew our minds on a regular basis. We have to have a “Spiritual Resurrection (Word from my Pastor).” When we learn to lean on God and not be conformed to what others in this world do. Yes, we might miss certain things like going to parties four days a week at times (be real lol.) We might miss doing some of the things we used to do with our friends and you may lose friends along the way, BUT having your mind renewed is an amazing experience. Try it out. Ask God to renew your mind.
- Many of us say, “Lord I know my overflow of blessings is coming. God I know you are about to give me my breakthrough. God I need this now.” Those things are okay to say to God but are we doing our part. In order to receive your blessing you cannot be selfish. You should still be blessing others. You should still give an offering at church (or want to if you don’t have anything to give). You should still offer words of encouragement. You should offer your time. Even if it’s not much. Even if you don’t have anything to give, if you have the desire and your heart that is good enough. Not to say give everything you have away, but to say do not be selfish with everything you have and expect more. We cannot want God to do things for us if we cannot do anything for our brothers and sisters on this earth.
Luke 6:38 – Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap (NIV).
Have you ever had someone be so mean to you with or without a reason? Well don’t let it get to you. At my current job my managers talk to me in a very disrespectful manner, and yes sometimes I let it get to me and match their attitude, but it’s not my job to deal with them because God will in His own way and time. Never let anyone bring you to their level; instead fight their evil with the love of Jesus. Be an example to them. Show them how to rise above.
Matthew 5:43&4- “You have heard what was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..”(NIV).
Romans 12:14&16-21 – Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what it right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says The Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (NIV).
No matter what you’re going through don’t give up. Keep hope in the good times and the bad because God will never fail you. He already has it all worked out in your favor. Whatever the situation in just trust in Him!
Psalm 37:25 (David speaking) – I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread (NIV).
Proverbs 3:5&6- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths (King James Version).
Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares The LORD “plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (NIV).
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (New King James Version).
– I have the strength to face all conditions by the power Christ gives me (Good News Translation).
Do you know the power the words that come out of your mouth have? You can make or break someone’s day (or your own.) Are you down? Encourage yourself! Is someone around you down? Encourage them! Be a blessing with what you say. Tell someone to keep striving toward the goal. Let someone know not to give up because their breakthrough is on the way. Let someone know they are loved. Tell someone they are beautiful/ handsome. We never know what people are going through/hiding behind a fake smile therefore we need to continue to encourage others.
Proverbs 18:21 – The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit (NIV).